Monday, April 29, 2013

What Gil(d)a Ate

Those who know me are generally (very kindly) indulgent about my obsession with Saturday Night Live. People nod and smile when I start quoting old sketches, and tend to be okay with the fact that I've basically memorized chunks of Live From New York (the SNL oral history). So here's one story:

During the first season, before people really knew who the cast were, they would basically warm up the audience at shows. Everyone would just come out, do a couple of minutes, give the audience a chance to get to know them as people. Gilda Radner did a thing called "What Gilda Ate," where she would literally sit on the edge of the stage and tell the audience what she'd eaten that day.

I have been doing that sort of thing here... so here's today.

Bananas. My stomach has been upset for several days - I think from nerves about this whole situation - so many bananas today. Pasta with tomato sauce, and for dinner...chicken soup, and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment